Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Quantity: 3 cups
• 3 cups mixed nuts of your choice (almonds, cashews, walnuts, peanuts, pecans, Brazil nuts, etc.)
• 1 egg white
• 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• ½ teaspoon dried mustard powder
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Combine all the spices and the sugar in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl, beat the egg white until firm peaks are formed.
4. Stir in the nuts in the whisked egg white and mix well until the nuts are coated with the egg white.
5. Add the mixture of spices to the nuts and mix well.
6. Spread the mixture of nuts on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, making sure to stir the nuts half-way through the baking process (that is, after the first 15 minutes).
7. Leave the nuts to cool completely before transferring to a jar or a serving dish.