With their crumb topping, these muffins taste like banana bread and pecan crumble…combined! They are moist, soft and crunchy, satisfying and absolutely bursting with flavor.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 18-20 minutes
Quantity: 10 muffins
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (83 ml) oil
- ½ cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/3 cup (83 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas
Pecan oat crumb topping
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oats
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (83 ml) chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) cinnamon powder
- Lightly grease muffin tins and preheat the oven to 375°
- Mash the bananas and set aside.
- Prepare the crumb topping: mix all the ingredients (flour, oats, sugar and cinnamon) together in a small bowl until the mixture reaches a breadcrumb consistency. Put the mixture aside.
- In a big bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the egg, sugar, oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg mixture and mashed bananas to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Pour the batter in the muffin tins and sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of the topping on each muffin.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.